Parents are privileged to hold the chief responsibility for the spiritual development of their child. The uniqueness of a Catholic school lies in the fact that it complements the parents’ role of instilling spiritual values in their children and sharing their heritage of the Catholic faith with them. Catholic doctrine and beliefs become a vital, important part of the total curriculum.
In our Catholic school where our priority is modeling and living a strong, Christian life, great attention is given to the Sacramental life of the Church. It is essential, therefore, that Catholic students are routinely receiving the sacraments and attending Mass on Sunday as a part of the family unit.
Questions about the Sacramental Ministry at St. Veronica can be directed to:
Mr. Bill Frantz, Director of Faith Formation email@example.com
Sacrament of Reconciliation & Sacrament of First Communion
Students are prepared for the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Sacrament of First Communion during the second grade year. Parents will be required to attend family formation evenings in readiness for these two sacraments.
- First Reconciliation Parent Formation Meeting 7:00 p.m. October 15, 2013 in the Ministry Center
- First Reconciliation for 2nd Graders, Parents, and Family 7:00 p.m., Dec. 12, 2013 in Church
- First Communion Parent Formation Meeting 7:00 p.m. January 21, 2014 in the Ministry Center
- Jesus Day for 2nd graders and parents 5:30 to 8:15 p.m. February 25, 2014 in the Parish Hall
- First Communion Rehearsals 7:00 p.n. May 1 and May 8, 2014 in the Church
- The Sacrament of First Communion 2:00 p.m., Sunday, May 4, 2014
- The Sacrament of First Communion 2:00 p.m. Sunday, May 11, 2014
- Option for First Communion at regular Mass at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 17, 2014
- Option for First Communion at regular Mass at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 25, 2014
Sacrament of Confirmation
Students are prepared for the Sacrament of Confirmation during the seventh and eighth grade years. Parents/Sponsors will be required to attend Enrollment Sunday Mass and a Parent Formation Meeting in readiness for this sacrament. Confirmation candidates must attend a retreat in seventh grade and a retreat in eighth grade which are especially designed to help them with their initiation as an adult into the Catholic Church through the Sacrament of Confirmation. Sponsors and Candidates must attend a Formation evening as well.
7th Graders (Candidates for Confirmation in 2015)
- Parent Formation Meeting without child - 7:00 p.m. November 19, 2013 in Ministry Center
- 7th Grade Confirmation Retreat 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., March 8, 2014 at Jesuit Spiritual Center in Milford
- Enrollment Mass for 7th Grade Confirmation Candidates (TBA)
8th Graders (Candidates for Confirmation in 2014):
- Sponsor and Candidate Formation evening 7:00 p.m. October 1, 2013 in Church
- 8th Grader Confirmation Retreat, 12:30 to 6 p.m. Sunday, November 17, 2013 in Ministry Center
- Confirmation Rehearsal, 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 18, 2014 in Church
- The Sacrament of Confirmation 7:00 p.m. Thursday, February 20, 2014 in Church
Looking ahead to 2016:
- Confirmation Meeting for Sixth graders and their parents planning to be confirmed in 2016 - 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 14, 2014 in Church